what is hepatoum ?
Traditionally used to facilitate the elimination of bile and aid digestion.
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR HEPATOUM
1 glass bottle (s) of 550 ml
|Pharmaceutical class||not communicated|
|Active substance (s)||per 100 ml: alverine (citrate) (0.014 g), curcuma longa (macerated with) (qsp 0.150 g of mixture (Anemone pulsatilla / Curcuma longa)), anemone pulsatilla (macerated with) (qsp 0.150 g of mixture ( Anemone pulsatilla / Curcuma longa))|
|Pharmaceutical form||drinkable solution|
|Route (s) of administration||oral|
|Selling price||unregulated price|
|Social security reimbursement rate||0%|
|Laboratory (s)||Laboratory (s) manufacturer Hepatoum|
|Conditions of issue||available without prescription|
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 12 YEARS OLD
- Adults: 2 to 3 tablespoons per socket
- Children over 12 years: 1 to 2 tablespoons per socket
This intake can optionally be renewed 6 to 8 times in 24 hours.
History of allergic reaction or intolerance to alverine or to any of the excipients.
HOW TO TAKE hepatoum?
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if in doubt.
how does hepatoum work?
HOW TO STORE hepatoum?
- Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
- This medication should be stored at a temperature below 25 ° C.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the label. The expiration date refers to the first day of that month.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice any visible signs of deterioration.
- Do not throw away any medicines via a wastewater treatment plant or with household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
hepatoum Side Effects
Due to the presence of alverine:
- Rare cases of urticaria, sometimes with laryngeal edema, shock,
- Rare cases of liver damage regressive stopping treatment,
- Unusually drowsy.
Due to the alcohol content:
Associations to take into account
Drugs that induce an antabuse reaction with alcohol (warmth, redness, vomiting, tachycardia):
- latamoxef (antibacterial cephalosporin)
- chloramphenicol (antibacterial-phénicolé)
- tolbutamide (antidiabetic -sulfonylureas)
- griseofulvin (antifungal)
- nitro-5-imidazoles (metronidazole, ornidazole, secnidazole, tinidazole)
- procarbazine (cytostatic).
Depressants of the central nervous system.
Drive and use machines
The amount of alcohol in this medicine may affect your ability to drive and use machines.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not use in case of obstruction of the bile ducts and severe hepatocellular insufficiency.
- This medicine contains 25 mg of sodium per tablespoon. To be taken into account in patients on a strict sodium diet.
- This medicine contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E219) and may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
This medicine contains 1.6% by volume of ethanol (alcohol), that is, up to 190 mg per tablespoon, which is equivalent to 5 ml of beer, 2 ml of wine per dose. The use of this medication is dangerous in alcoholics and should be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with hepatic impairment or epilepsy
- The amount of alcohol in this medicine may affect the effects of other medicines.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
- It is best not to use this medicine during pregnancy.
- If you discover that you are pregnant during treatment, consult your doctor as only he can judge the need for continued treatment.
- The use of this medication should be avoided during breast-feeding.
What happens if I overdose from hepatoum?
Due to the presence of alverine:
- Any overdose may result in hypotension and atropine overdose-like effects.
- Treatment is similar to that followed for atropine poisoning.
What is Forms and Composition ?
Hydroalcoholic maceration of Anemone pulsatilla and Curcuma longa : 0.150 g
Alverine citrate: 0.014 g
For 100 ml of oral solution.
- Amyl acetate, essential oil of peppermint, glycerol, alcohol, quinoline yellow (E104), sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E219), sodium benzoate, gesweet, sodium cyclamate, purified water, Vichy water.
- Alcohol content: 1.6% (V / V).
- One tablespoon (15 ml) contains 190 mg of ethanol and 25 mg of sodium.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.