All information about Endocrinology from doses, side effects and warnings, as allergy medications include pediatric and antidepressant medications for adults with other medicines on the site of edrug-online.
Definition of the term hypothyroidism or Endocrinology
Hypothyroidism results from a decrease in the secretion of thyroid hormones .
It is due:
- – either to direct damage to the thyroid tissue ( thyroiditis most often such as Hashimoto’s autoimmune thyroiditis, or post-surgical, or even secondary to treatment with radioactive iodine, etc.);
- – either a hormonal synthesis defect which can be congenital (rare), by overload or deficiency in iodine or of medicinal origin;
- – or still secondary to a non-thyroid disease but affecting its functioning.
The thyroid hormone deficiency affects many organs:
- – central nervous system: memory loss , depressive state (see depression , slowness, sometimes abnormal movements ;
- – heart: slowing of the heart rate , high blood pressure , pericardial effusion (see pericarditis). ..;
- – lungs: sleep apnea , pleurisy …;
- – digestive system : slowed intestinal transit with constipation ;
- – integuments: dry, rough skin, permanent chilliness, generalized puffy appearance;
- – others: weakness and increase in muscle volume, weight gain …