Allergology reflects a disruption of the immune system, which corresponds to a loss of tolerance to substances that are a priori harmless: allergens. These may be pneumoallergens (which enter through the respiratory tract), trophallergens (through food), contact allergens, insect venoms or drugs. From bees to tattoos, learn about the main allergies and how to deal with them.
Definition of the term allergic rhinitis:
– Allergic rhinitis is one of the most frequent allergic diseases, affecting 10 to 40% of the general population with great variations depending on the country.
– Chronic non-allergic rhinitis seems to affect 2 to 4% of the general population.
– Allergic rhinitis is defined by the WHO (World Health Organization ):
- -> as inflammation of the nasal mucosa induced by allergens ,
- -> which can be subdivided, depending on the mode of occurrence, into: seasonal rhinitis (periodic such as spasmodic coryzaor hay fever, perennial (aperiodic) and professional;
- -> clinically characterized by at least one of the following symptoms: nasal obstruction, rhinorrhea, sneezing, nasal pruritus and / or posterior discharge;
- -> frequently associated with eye symptoms ( allergic conjunctivitis ).
– These symptoms can have an origin other than allergic, such nasopharyngeal infections can then be associated with fever, headache .
– The rhinitis nonallergic rhinitis chronic such said ” vasomotor ” (characterized by nasal congestionintermittent with nasal obstruction), associate to varying degrees thermal variations, wind, stress , tobacco , alcohol , viral infections, air pollution , occupational environmental factors
Food allergy is a grouping of abnormal reactions of the immune system that occur after ingesting an allergenic food. Symptoms can be respiratory, skin, digestive … Discover the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of food allergies.
What is allergic conjunctivitis?
- When the allergen spreads in the air, allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis are often associated, causing runny nose, sneezing and tearing.
- Conjunctivitis can also be isolated, in particular when it is linked to a product directly in contact with the eye . In this case, the manifestations are limited to the eyes, which are red, itchy, itchy and weep.
- The light is difficult to bear ( photophobia ).
- Often the eyelids are red and swollen, sometimes stuck in the morning.
However, the intensity of the signs is very variable from one person to another.
Allergology due to animals
Allergic manifestations to animals are more and more frequent. A few minutes after contact with the animal may appear runny nose, redness of the eyes, cough or skin signs. How is this allergy explained? How to treat it?
All information about allergy medications from doses, side effects and warnings, as allergy medications include pediatric and antidepressant medications for adults with other medicines on the site of edrug-online.