what is aspirin vitamin c oberlin ?
This medicine contains aspirin and vitamin C.
It is indicated in adults and children from 30 kg (approximately 9-15 years) for the symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or feverish conditions.
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR ASPIRIN 500 MG VITAMIN C OBERLIN
2 presentations are available for this medication:
- 2 polypropylene tube (s) of 10 tablet (s)
- 2 polypropylene tube (s) of 15 tablet (s)
|Pharmaceutical class||pain relievers|
|Active substance (s)||for one tablet: acetylsalicylic acid (0.50000 g), ascorbic acid (0.20000 g)|
|Pharmaceutical form||breakable effervescent tablet|
|Route (s) of administration||oral|
|Selling price||unregulated price|
|Social security reimbursement rate||0%|
|Laboratory (s)||Manufacturer laboratory (ies) Aspirin 500 mg vitamin C oberlin|
|Conditions of issue||available without prescription|
aspirin vitamin c oberlin Dosage
Mild to moderate pain and / or feverish conditions :
- Reserved for adults and children from 30 kg (approximately 9 to 15 years).
- In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and to choose a suitable presentation. The approximate ages according to weight are given for information.
- The recommended daily dose of acetylsalicylic acid is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 divided doses, i.e. approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
- For children weighing 30 to 40 kg (approximately 9 to 13 years old), the dosage is 1 effervescent tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day.
- For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years old), the dosage is 1 effervescent tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old):
- The maximum recommended daily dose is 3 g of aspirin, or 6 tablets per day.
- The usual dosage is 1 effervescent tablet of 500 mg, to be renewed if necessary after at least 4 hours. In case of more intense pain or fever, 2 tablets of 500 mg, to be renewed if necessary after at least 4 hours, without exceeding 6 effervescent tablets per day .
For the elderly:
- The maximum recommended daily dosage is 2 g of aspirin, or 4 effervescent tablets per day.
- The usual dosage is 1 effervescent tablet of 500 mg, to be renewed if necessary after at least 4 hours. In case of more intense pain or fever, 2 tablets of 500 mg, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours, without exceeding 4 effervescent tablets per day .
Frequency of administration:
- Systematic catches prevent oscillations of pain or fever.
- The catches must be regularly spaced, including at night , preferably 6 hours , and at least 4 hours: comply with the dosage specified above.
Duration of the treatment:
- The patient should be instructed not to use acetylsalicylic acid for more than 3 days in case of fever and 5 days in case of pain without the advice of a doctor or dentist.
aspirin vitamin c oberlin Contraindications
You should not take ASPIRINE 500 mg VITAMIN C OBERLIN, effervescent tablet, in the following cases:
- allergy to aspirin or a related drug (especially nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or to any of the other ingredients,
- history of asthma caused by the administration of aspirin or a related drug (especially nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs),
- beyond 5 months of pregnancy (24 weeks of amenorrhea) for doses greater than 100 mg per day,
- ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in progress,
- haemorrhagic disease or risk of bleeding,
- severe liver disease,
- severe kidney disease,
- severe heart disease,
- kidney stone, due to the presence of vitamin C for doses greater than 1 g per day,
- treatment with methotrexate used at doses greater than 20 mg / week and when aspirin is used in high doses as anti-inflammatory drugs (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g per day) especially in the treatment of fever or pain (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day).
In case of doubt, it is essential to seek the advice of your doctor or pharmacist.
How To Store aspirin vitamin c oberlin ?
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the package. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- No special storage conditions.
- Do not throw away any medicine via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
aspirin vitamin c oberlin Side Effects
Like all medicines, ASPIRINE 500 mg VITAMIN C OBERLIN, scored effervescent tablet can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Related to aspirin:
- You should stop treatment immediately and tell your doctor in the following cases:
- digestive hemorrhages. These are all the more frequent as the dosage used is high,
- allergic reactions such as rash, asthma attack, angioedema (facial hives with difficulty in breathing),
- ringing in the ears, sensation of hearing loss, headache, dizziness: these signs usually indicate an overdose of aspirin,
- Reye’s syndrome (appearance of disturbance of consciousness or behavior and of vomiting) in a child with a viral illness and receiving aspirin.
- Notify your doctor in case of abdominal pain, nosebleeds or gums. Stomach ulcers have been reported. Linked to vitamin C: In doses greater than 1g / day in vitamin C, possibility of:
- digestive disorders (heartburn, diarrhea)
- urinary disorders (formation of kidney stones).
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, or if any side effects get serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
aspirin vitamin c oberlin Interactions
When aspirin is used in high doses as an anti-inflammatory (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g per day), in particular in the treatment of rheumatic conditions, or in the treatment of fever or pain (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day), this medicinal product must not be used in combination:
- with methotrexate used at doses greater than 20 mg / week,
- with oral anticoagulants and in the event of a history of stomach or duodenal ulcer,
This drug should be avoided in combination with:
- oral anticoagulants, when aspirin is used in high doses for the treatment of fever or pain (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day) and in the absence of a history of ulcer stomach or duodenum,
- oral anticoagulants, when aspirin is used at low doses as an antiplatelet agent (50 to 375 mg per day) and in the event of a history of stomach or duodenal ulcer,
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, when aspirin is used in high doses as anti-inflammatory drugs (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g per day), in particular in the treatment of rheumatic diseases, or in the treatment of fever or pain (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day),
- glucocorticoids (except hydrocortisone as a replacement therapy), when aspirin is used in high doses as an anti-inflammatory (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g per day), in particular in the treatment of rheumatic conditions,
- heparins used in curative doses and / or in subjects over 65 years of age, when aspirin is used in high doses as an anti-inflammatory (≥ 1 g per dose and / or ≥ 3 g per day), particularly in the treatment of rheumatic conditions, or in the treatment of fever or pain (≥ 500 mg per dose and / or <3 g per day,
- medicines used in the treatment of gout,
- pemetrexed in subjects with poor to moderate renal function,
In order to avoid possible interactions between several drugs, you should systematically report any other current treatment to your doctor or pharmacist.
Drive and use machines
Warnings and Precautions
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
Doses between 100 and 500 mg per day:
- There is insufficient clinical experience with the administration of doses between 100 mg and 500 mg per day. Accordingly, the recommendations below for doses above 500 mg per day apply to these doses.
Doses greater than or equal to 500 mg per day:
- Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis by NSAIDs may affect the course of pregnancy and / or the development of the embryo or fetus.
Risks associated with use during the 1 st trimester:
- Data from epidemiological studies suggest an increased risk of miscarriage, heart defects and gastroschisis, after treatment with a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor in early pregnancy. The absolute risk of cardiovascular malformation has decreased from less than 1% in the general population to approximately 1.5% in people exposed to NSAIDs. The risk appears to increase with the dose and duration of treatment.
- In animals, administration of a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor has been shown to cause increased pre- and post-implantation loss and increased embryo-fetal lethality. In addition, a higher incidence of certain malformations, including cardiovascular, has been reported in animals given a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor during the organogenesis phase of gestation.
Risks associated with the use from the 12 th week of gestation until birth:
From the 12 th week of gestation until birth, all NSAIDs, by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, may expose the fetus to renal functional impairment :
- in utero which can be observed from 12 weeks of amenorrhea (initiation of fetal diuresis): oligoamnios (most often reversible when treatment is stopped), even anamnios in particular during prolonged exposure;
- at birth, renal failure (reversible or not) may persist, in particular in the event of late and prolonged exposure (with a risk of severe delayed hyperkalaemia).
Risks associated with the use beyond the 24 th week of gestation until birth:
- Beyond the 24 th week of amenorrhea, NSAIDs may expose the fetus to cardiopulmonary toxicity (premature closure of the ductus arteriosus and pulmonary hypertension). Constriction of the ductus arteriosus can occur from the age of 5 months and can lead to fetal or neonatal right heart failure or even fetal death in utero. This risk is all the more important as the catch is close to the term (less reversibility). This effect exists even for a one-time take.
At the end of pregnancy, the mother and the newborn may present:
- prolongation of bleeding time due to anti-aggregating action which may occur even after administration of very low doses of drug;
- inhibition of uterine contractions leading to delayed term or prolonged childbirth.
Consequently, for doses greater than 100 mg / day:
- Unless absolutely necessary, this medication should not be used in a woman planning to become pregnant or during the first 5 months of pregnancy (first 24 weeks of amenorrhea). If this medicine is given to a woman who wants to be pregnant or less than 6 months pregnant, the dose should be as low as possible and the duration of treatment as short as possible. Prolonged intake is strongly discouraged.
- From the beginning of the 6 th month (beyond 24 weeks): all this medication, even punctual, is cons-indicated. An inadvertent intake from this date justifies cardiac and renal, fetal and / or neonatal monitoring depending on the term of exposure. The duration of this monitoring will be adapted to the elimination half-life of the molecule.
Feeding with milk
- As acetylsalicylic acid passes into breast milk, this medication is not recommended during breast-feeding.
- Like all NSAIDs, the use of this drug may temporarily impair female fertility, by affecting ovulation; it is therefore not recommended for women wishing to conceive a child. In women having difficulty conceiving or having fertility tests, discontinuation of treatment should be considered.
What happens if I overdose from aspirin vitamin c oberlin ?
Linked to aspirin:
- Intoxication is to be feared in the elderly and especially in young children (therapeutic overdose or frequent accidental poisoning) where it can be fatal.
- Moderate poisoning: ringing in the ears, feeling of hearing loss, headache, dizziness are signs of overdose and can be controlled by reducing the dosage.
- Severe poisoning: in children, overdose can be fatal from 100 mg / kg in a single dose.
The symptoms are: fever, hyperventilation, ketosis, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis, coma, cardiovascular collapse, respiratory failure, severe hypoglycemia.
- Immediate transfer to a specialized hospital environment.
- Digestive decontamination and administration of activated charcoal.
- Control of acid base balance.
- Alkaline diuresis to obtain a urinary pH between 7.5 and 8, possibility of hemodialysis in severe intoxications.
- Symptomatic treatment.
Linked to vitamin C:
- At doses greater than 1 g / day in vitamin C, possibility of: digestive disorders (heartburn, diarrhea, abdominal pain), urinary disorders (oxalic, cystine and / or uric lithiasis).
- At doses greater than 2 g / day in vitamin C, ascorbic acid may interfere with the following biological tests: determinations of creatinine and blood and urine glucose (control of diabetes by glucose-oxidase test).
- At doses greater than 3 g / day in vitamin C, risk of hemolysis in subjects deficient in G6PD.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the single dose you forgot to take.
What happens if you stop taking aspirin vitamin c oberlin ?
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
What is Forms and Composition ?
|SHAPES and PRESENTATIONS|
- Effervescent tablet (white): Box of 2 tubes of 10.
- Excipients: sodium bicarbonate, anhydrous citric acid, sodium benzoate (E211), povidone.
- Excipients with known effect: sodium (485 mg / tab efferv), sodium benzoate (E211) (48 mg / tab efferv).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.