temgesic solution for injection Uses, Dosage, Side Effects& Precautions
what is temgesic 0.3 mg/ml medication used for and indication?
This medicine is reserved for situations requiring rapid and effective relief of severe pain, for example during surgery.
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR TEMGESIC 0.3 MG / ML
4 presentations are available for this drug:
- 2 ampoule (s) of 1 ml
- 5 ampoule (s) of 1 ml
- 10 ampoule (s) of 1 ml
- 25 ampoule (s) of 1 ml
|Pharmaceutical class||not communicated|
|Active substance (s)||buprenorphine (hydrochloride)|
|Pharmaceutical form||injectable solution|
|Route (s) of administration||intramuscular, intrathecal, intravenous, epidural, subcutaneous|
|Selling price||unregulated price|
|Social security reimbursement rate||0%|
|Laboratory (s)||Manufacturer (s) Temgesic 0.3 mg / ml|
|Conditions of issue||available by simple prescription|
temgesic injection dosage
- The dosage is determined individually for each patient.
- The usual dose, subcutaneously, intravenously or intramuscularly, for an adult weighing 70 kg is one ampoule, or 0.3 mg, every 6 to 8 hours.
- In elderly or frail patients, a lower dosage is sometimes sufficient.
- If you have the impression that the effect of TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION.
temgesic 0.3 mg/ml Contraindications
Never use TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection in the following cases:
- known allergy to buprenorphine or to any of the ingredients of this medication,
- severe respiratory failure,
- severe liver disease,
- acute alcohol poisoning and alcohol withdrawal syndrome (delirium tremens),
- treatment with other morphine analgesics,
- children under 15.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO ASK FOR THE OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
How do you take Temgesic injection ?
Method and route of administration
- Parenteral route (intramuscular, intravenous or subcutaneous).
- Medullary route.
Frequency of administration
STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION.
Duration of treatment
- The duration of treatment are determined individually for each patient.
- STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION.
How To Store temgesic 0.3 mg/ml ?
- Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and bulb, EXP. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- After opening / reconstitution / dilution: the product should be used immediately.
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via a wastewater treatment plant or with household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
temgesic 0.3 mg/ml Side Effects
Like all medicines, TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects have been observed:
- Common side effects (1% -10%): constipation, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, headache, malaise and dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, drop in blood pressure when changing from lying or sitting to lying down or sitting down standing, sweating.
- Rare side effects (0.01% -0.1%): respiratory failure, hallucinations, hepatitis (liver damage) with jaundice.
- Other reported side effects: hypersensitivity reactions (allergy), such as rash, pruritus (itching), bronchospasm (bronchial spasm), angioedema (swelling of the face and neck which may cause breathing difficulties) and anaphylactic shock ( severe generalized allergic reaction).
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, or if any side effects get serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
temgesic injectionS Interactions
Effects on ability to Drive and use machines
Attention is drawn, especially among vehicle drivers and users of machines, to the risk of drowsiness associated with the use of this medication.
Warnings and Precautions
- This drug should not be used in the withdrawal of drug addicts. Indeed, the conditions of use and the dosage in this indication are not suitable.
- The possibility of psychological and physical dependence during prolonged treatments is possible with this drug.
- The risk of misuse also exists, albeit low.
- Use in patients with morphine or heroin dependence as well as in subjects who have recently been treated with other morphine drugs should be cautious due to unforeseeable resulting effects (synergy or antagonism).
- The same applies when another morphine is used during treatment with buprenorphine.
Precautions for use
- In case of surgery, tell the anesthesiologist to take this medication.
- IN CASE OF DOUBT, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK FOR THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
- Occasional use of this medication during pregnancy is possible
Feeding with milk
- It is best to avoid breast-feeding while taking this medicine.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
What happens if I overdose from temgesic injection ?
- An overdose of buprenorphine requires the patient to be placed under medical supervision and possibly emergency treatment in hospital.
- Immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you forget to use TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection:
- Ask the prescribing doctor for his opinion.
What happens if you stop taking temgesic 0.3 mg/ml injection?
If you stop taking TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection:
- Abrupt discontinuation of treatment may lead to the appearance of a withdrawal syndrome.
- If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What is Forms and Composition ?
Appearance and shape
Lack of information in the MA.
1 ml in ampoule. Box of 2 bulbs.
- TEMGESIC 0.3 mg / ml, solution for injection, box of 10 ampoules of 1 ml
- TEMGESIC 0.2 mg, sublingual tablet, box of 50
For a 1 ml ampoule.
Glucose anhydrous, hydrochloric acid, water for injections.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.