What is MeteoSpasmyl drug used for and indication?
Symptomatic treatment of intestinal functional manifestations, particularly with meteorism.
Meteospasmyl Capsules Dosage
- Oral way.RESERVED FOR ADULTS1 capsule 2 to 3 times a day at the beginning of meals or at the time of pain.
- Alverine hypersensitivity
- Simeticone hypersensitivity
- Feeding with milk
Hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients listed in the Composition section.
meteospasmyl mechanism of action
Pharmacotherapeutic group: ANTISPASMODIC MUSCULOTROPE / ANTIFLATULENT
ATC Code: A03AX08 – Other Medications for Gastrointestinal Functional Disorders
- Alverine citrate is a musculotropic anti-spasmodic.
- Simeticone is a physiologically inert substance and therefore has no pharmacological activity. It acts by modifying the surface tension of the gas bubbles thus causing their coalescence.
How To Store meteospasmyl ?
Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the package after EXP. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
PVC / Aluminum pads
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
PVC / PE / PVDC-Aluminum pads
- No special storage conditions.
Do not throw away any medicines via a wastewater treatment plant or with household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Meteospasmyl Side Effects
Due to the presence of alverine:
- rare cases of urticaria, sometimes with laryngeal edema, shock,
- rare cases of regressive liver damage at the end of treatment.
Meteospasmyl drug Interactions
- The data available to date do not suggest the existence of clinically significant interactions.
Warnings and Precautions
- Increases in ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) and ASAT (Aspartate Aminotransferase)> 2 times the upper limit of normal (ULN) have been reported in patients receiving alverine / simeticone therapy. These increases may be associated with a concomitant elevation of total serum bilirubin.
- If hepatic aminotransferases increase by> 3 times the ULN, and even more so in cases dictere, treatment with alverine / simeticone should be discontinued.
Drive and use machines
- Prevent drivers of vehicles and machinery users from the risk of drowsiness, amnesia or impaired muscle concentration or function.
- The combination with other sedative drugs should be discouraged or taken into account when driving or using machines.
If sleep time is insufficient, the risk of impaired alertness is further increased.
Meteospasmyl Capsules and Pregnancy / Breastfeeding
meteospasmyl during pregnancy
- Many data from cohort studies have not revealed the occurrence of malformative effects during benzodiazepine exposure during the course of 1
- first trimester of pregnancy. However, in some case-control epidemiological studies, an increase in the occurrence of cleft lip and palate has been observed with benzodiazepines. According to these data, the incidence of cleft lip and palate in newborns would be less than 2/1000 after exposure to benzodiazepines during pregnancy while the expected rate in the general population is 1/1000.
- If benzodiazepines are taken in high doses at 2 nd and / or 3 rd trimesters of pregnancy, a decrease in fetal active movements and a variability in fetal heart rate have been described.
- Treatment with benzodiazepines at the end of pregnancy, even at low doses, may be responsible in the newborn for signs of impregnation such as axial hypotonia, sucking disorders resulting in low weight gain.
- These signs are reversible, but can last 1-3 weeks depending on the half-life of the prescribed benzodiazepine. At high doses, respiratory depression or apnea, and hypothermia may occur in the newborn. In addition, a neonatal withdrawal syndrome is possible, even in the absence of signs of impregnation.
- It is characterized in particular by hyperexcitability, agitation and tremulations of the newborn occurring at a distance from the delivery.
- The time of onset depends on the elimination half-life of the drug and may be important when it is long.
- Based on these data, as a precautionary measure, the use of alprazolam is not recommended during pregnancy, regardless of the term.
- When prescribing alprazolam to a woman of childbearing potential, she should be advised of the need to contact her physician if pregnancy is planned or initiated to re-assess the benefit of the treatment.
- At the end of pregnancy, if it is really necessary to start a treatment with alprazolam, avoid prescribing high doses and take into account, for surveillance of the newborn, effects previously described.
What happens if I overdose from Meteospasmyl ?
Cases of vertigo have been reported when taken at a dosage higher than that recommended.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose you forgot to take.
What happens if you stop taking meteospasmyl ?
If you stop taking METEOSPASMYL, soft capsule:
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What is Forms and Composition Meteospasmyl Capsules?
FORMS and PRESENTATIONS
0.25 mg scored tablet: Box of 30, in blister packs.
- Hospital model: Box of 100. 0.50 mg scored tablet: Box of 30, in blister packs. Hospital model: Box of 100. Breakable tablet 1 mg: Box of 100, in blister packs.
|Alprazolam (DCI)||0.25 mg|
Excipients (common): lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous colloidal silica, mixture of sodium docusate (85%) and sodium benzoate (15%), corn starch, magnesium stearate, aluminum erythrosine lake (cp 0 , 50 mg and 1 mg), indigo aluminum lake (cp 1 mg).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.