uvedose (VITAMIN D) Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Warnings
uvedose (VITAMIN D) Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Metabolism and nutrition
active ingredients: Cholecalciferol
This drug is indicated for the treatment and / or prophylaxis of vitamin D deficiency.
- 1 uvedose indication and Uses
- 2 uvedose Dosage
- 3 How it works uvedose
- 4 uvedose Side Effects
- 5 uvedose Interactions
- 6 uvedose Warnings and Precautions
- 7 Drive and use machines
- 8 uvedose and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 9 What happens if I overdose from uvedose ?
- 10 What is Forms and Composition uvedose?
uvedose indication and Uses
Treatment and / or prophylaxis of vitamin D deficiency
The contents of the ampoule can be administered pure or diluted in a little water (a slight cloudiness may appear) or the milk of a bottle.
Its implementation is imperative in all infants and young children, under the current conditions of life (ministerial circulars of February 21, 1963 and January 6, 1971) due to:
- insufficient exposure to the sun,
- low vitamin D content
One bulb every three months until the 5th year. This dose may be doubled if the child is not exposed to the sun or if the skin is very pigmented.
Do not exceed 10 to 15 mg per year (ie 4 to 6 ampoules per year).
Vitamin Deficiency in the Big Child and Teenager
One ampoule every three months in low sunlight.
Vitamin deficiency in pregnant women
A single ampoule taken around the 6th month of pregnancy.
Vitamin Deficiency of the Adult and the Elderly
One ampoule every three months.
One to two ampoules per month depending on the intensity of the deficiency until the normal return of serum calcium and phosphoremia, monitoring the calciuria to avoid overdose, then prophylactic treatment according to the diagram above.
How it works uvedose
(A: digestive tract and metabolism)
The essential role of vitamin D is exerted on the intestine, of which it increases the capacity to absorb the calcium and the phosphates, and on the skeleton, which it promotes the mineralization (thanks to its direct actions on the bone in formation and its indirect actions involving gut, parathyroid, and already mineralized bone).
uvedose Side Effects
Like all medicines, UVEDOSE 100,000 IU, oral solution in ampoule is likely to have side effects, although not everyone is subject to it.
The following side effects are reported very rarely and especially in case of overdose:
- hypersensitivity reaction, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, calcium lithiasis.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Associations to consider
Decreased absorption of vitamin D.
uvedose Warnings and Precautions
In indications requiring high and repeated doses, monitor calciuria and serum calcium and discontinue vitamin D intake if serum calcium exceeds 106 mg / ml (2.65 mmol / l) or if calicuria exceeds 300 mg / l in children. adult or 4-6 mg / kg / day in children.
Drive and use machines
uvedose and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- There is no teratogenesis study available in animals.
- Clinically, a significant decline seems to exclude a malformative or fetotoxic effect of vitamin D.
- As a result, vitamin D, under normal conditions of use, may be prescribed during pregnancy.
- If needed, vitamin D may be prescribed during breastfeeding. However, this supplementation does not replace the administration of vitamin D in the newborn.
What happens if I overdose from uvedose ?
The clinical signs of an overdose are:
- headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, weight loss, stopping growth;
- nausea, vomiting;
- abundant urine, intense thirst, dehydration;
- renal calculus, calcifications of tissues, especially of the kidney and vessels;
renal failure (failure of kidney function).
The biological signs of an overdose are:
- increased calcium levels in the blood and urine and increased levels of phosphorus in the blood and urine.
- In case of overdose, stop the treatment, drink plenty of water, limit calcium intake (milk) and consult a doctor.
What is Forms and Composition uvedose?
|FORMS and PRESENTATIONS|
- 100,000 IU oral solution: 2 ml ampoule, unitary box.
|p light bulb|
|Colecalciferol (INN) or vitamin D 3||2.5 mg|
- Excipients: butylhydroxytoluene, saccharin, sorbic acid, lemon essential oil, glycolized polyoxyethylenated glycerides.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.