Eludrilperio Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
what is Eludrilperio ?
This medication is usually prescribed for:
- Periodontal disease
- Post-operative care in odontostomatology
- Preoperative care in odontostomatology
what is Eludrilperio medication used for and indication?
This medication is used as an adjunct local treatment for periodontal diseases linked to the development of bacterial plaque (gingivitis and / or periodontitis), as well as during pre and postoperative care in odontostomatology.
Presentation (s) available for Eludrilperio 0,2%
1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) of 200 ml with polypropylene measuring cup (s)
|Pharmaceutical class||stomatological preparations|
|Active substance (s)||per 100 ml of mouthwash solution: chlorhexidine digluconate solution (1.065 g)|
|Pharmaceutical form||mouthwash solution|
|Route (s) of administration||oral route other|
|Social security reimbursement rate||15%|
|Laboratory (s)||PIERRE FABRE MEDICINE|
|Conditions of issue||restricted prescription drug|
- RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 6 YEARS OLD.
- The usual dose is 10 ml of the solution, twice a day.
How To Take Eludrilperio ?
Method and route of administration
This medication is to be used as a mouthwash:
- Brush your teeth before each use and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water before using ELUDRILPERIO.
- Pour the dose to be used into the measuring cup without diluting it. This medication is a ready-to-use solution and should not be diluted.
- Then perform the mouthwash for one minute.
- Do not swallow the mouthwash. Spit it out into a sink after you finish mouthwashing and don’t rinse your mouth.
Duration of the treatment
- You should not extend the duration of treatment beyond 7 days without the consent of your doctor or dental surgeon.
- If symptoms persist beyond 5 days, contact your doctor or dental surgeon. This is because prolonged use of this medication can alter the natural microbial balance in your mouth and throat and promote infections with bacteria and fungi.
how does Eludrilperio work?
Pharmacotherapeutic group: ANTI-INFECTIOUS AND ANTISEPTICS FOR LOCAL ORAL TREATMENT, ATC code: A01AB03
- Chlorhexidine is a broad spectrum bactericidal antiseptic, belonging to the bisdiguanide family.
- Its bactericidal activity is exerted on Gram + germs and to a lesser degree on Gram – germs. It has fungicidal activity on Candida albicans.
- The antiseptic activity of ELUDRILPERIO has been demonstrated in vitro, in particular on pathogenic germs of the oral flora (Streptococcus mutans, Fusobacterium nucleatum).
- By its antiseptic activity, the ELUDRILPERIO solution helps to reduce dental plaque and therefore gingival inflammation.
How To Store Eludrilperio ?
- Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
- After first opening the bottle, the medicine should be stored for a maximum of 26 days.
- Do not throw away any medicines via a wastewater treatment plant or with household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Eludrilperio Side Effects
Like all medicines, ELUDRILPERIO 0.2%, mouthwash solution can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur (frequency is unknown):
- A rash on the skin, itching, sudden swelling of the face and neck which may cause difficulty in breathing. It could then be an allergic reaction to this medicine. If you recognize any of these signs, you should stop treatment immediately and contact your doctor promptly.
- A change in taste or a burning sensation of the tongue, especially at the start of treatment. These effects disappear when treatment is stopped.
- Brown coloring of the tongue. It is harmless and goes away when treatment is stopped.
- Staining of teeth, dentures and restorative materials used in dental care. This discoloration can be easily avoided by daily brushing of the teeth and removed by the dentist.
- Swelling of the glands that produce saliva (parotid glands).
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, or if any side effects get serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Chlorhexidine is incompatible with the anionic agents generally present in conventional toothpastes. Therefore, a thorough rinsing of the mouth with water, after brushing the teeth with toothpaste, should be done before using this medication. A time limit must be respected between the use of the 2 products.
Effects on ability to Drive and use machines
No studies on the ability to drive and use machines have been performed with ELUDRILPERIO.
Warnings and Precautions
Take special care with ELUDRILPERIO 0.2%, solution for mouthwash:
- If you notice symptoms of a severe allergy (rash, difficulty in breathing, etc.), stop treatment immediately and contact your doctor.
- Do not put this product in contact with your eyes, nose or ears.
- Do not swallow the solution.
- If symptoms persist for more than 5 days and / or associated fever, the advice of a doctor or dentist should be sought.
- Prolonged use may expose the tongue, teeth, dentures or filling materials to discoloration. This discoloration is reversible and can be avoided by brushing the teeth daily before using the mouthwash, or by a dental solution for dentures and filling materials.
- This medicine contains dye E124 (or cochineal red A) and may cause allergic reactions.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
- There are no data or there are limited data (less than 300 pregnancies) from the use of chlorhexidine in pregnant women.
- Studies in animals have not produced any direct or indirect (under normal conditions of use) harmful effects on reproduction (see section Preclinical safety data).
- As a precaution, it is best to avoid the use of ELUDRILPERIO during pregnancy.
Feeding with milk
- It is not known whether chlorhexidine is excreted in human milk.
- A risk to newborns / infants cannot be excluded.
- ELUDRILPERIO should not be used during breast-feeding.
- Chlorhexidine has no effect on fertility.
What happens if I overdose from Eludrilperio ?
Overdose is not expected under normal conditions of use of this mouthwash solution.
Symptoms after ingestion
- Systemic effects are rare because chlorhexidine is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Local effects such as local irritation (throat, esophagus) and a burning sensation (mouth, throat) may appear.
- However, in case of massive ingestion and systemic absorption, the following disorders may appear:
- Neurological and liver disorders,
- Digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, diarrhea).
Treatment is symptomatic and should be administered in a specialized environment.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you forget to use ELUDRILPERIO 0.20%, solution for mouthwash:
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose you forgot to take.
What happens if you stop taking Eludrilperio ?
If you stop using ELUDRILPERIO 0.20%, mouthwash solution:
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What is Forms and Composition ?
SHAPES and PRESENTATIONS
- Solution for mouthwash.
- Clear, red solution.
200 ml in a bottle (PET) with a cap (Aluminum) and a 10 ml measuring cup (Polypropylene)
- 1 liter in a bottle (PET) with a stopper (Aluminum) and a 10 ml measuring cup (Polypropylene): reserved for professional use.
- Not all presentations may be marketed.
- ELUDRILPERIO 0.20%, solution for mouthwash, box of 1 bottle (+ cup) of 1000 ml
|Active ingredient||Mouthwash solution|
|Chlorhexidine digluconate||0.2 g *|
* per unit dose
Excipients with known effects ?
- Propylene glycol, Cochineal red A, Macrogolglycerol hydroxystearate
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.