pneumorel tablet 80 mg Uses, Dosage, Side Effects &Warnings
Pneumorel indication and Uses
- This medication is recommended for the treatment of cough and sputum in bronchopulmonary conditions.
- This treatment does not replace an antibiotic and should not delay the initiation of antibiotic treatment if necessary.
pneumorel 80 mg dosage
Reserved for adults: 1 tablet 2 to 3 times a day.
History of hypersensitivity reaction to any of the constituents.
How it works Pneumorel
Pharmacotherapeutic group: OTHER MEDICAMENTS FOR OBSTRUCTIVE SYNDROMES OF AIRWAYS FOR SYSTEMIC USE
ATC Code: R03DX03
Fenspiride has anti-bronchoconstrictor and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties would involve several entangled mechanisms:
- Antagonistic activity at histamine H1 receptor levels and papaverin (or musculotropic) spasmolytic effects;
- The anti-inflammatory activity results from a decrease in the production of various pro-inflammatory factors (cytokines-TNFα – derived from arachidonic acid and free radicals) some of which also have a bronchoconstrictor activity. However, effects are only observed at very high doses or concentrations.
Pneumorel Side Effects
- · Risk of digestive disorders, nausea, epigastralgia, drowsiness.
- · Rare possibility of moderate tachycardia, giving up after reduction of the dosage.
- · Allergic reactions have been reported very rarely: erythema, rash, urticaria, Quincke’s edema, fixed pigmented erythema.
- The data available to date do not suggest the existence of clinically significant interactions.
Warnings and Precautions
Drive and use machines
No specific study has been conducted on the ability to drive and use machines. However, due to the possibility of drowsiness, Pneumorel has a minor influence on the ability to drive and use machines, particularly at the initiation of treatment or in combination with alcohol intake.
PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- In animal studies, 2 fetuses with cleft palate have been observed in 2 species (rat and rabbit).
- In the clinic, there is currently no relevant data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of fenspiride when administered during pregnancy.
- As a result, the use of fenspiride is not recommended during pregnancy, however, the discovery of pregnancy fenspiride does not justify interruption.
- The passage in the milk is not known. Therefore, the use of fenspiride, is not recommended during breastfeeding.
What happens if I overdose from Pneumorel ?
- drowsiness or agitation, nausea, vomiting, sinus tachycardia.
To behave :
- gastric lavage
- ECG monitoring
What is Forms and Composition?
|FORMS and PRESENTATIONS|
- PNEUMOREL 80 mg Coated tablet Box of 30
- Hospital model: PNEUMOREL 80 mg Coated tablet Box of 100
|p cp *|
|Fenspiride hydrochloride||80 mg|
- Excipients: calcium hydrogenphosphate, hypromellose, povidone, anhydrous colloidal silica, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide (E171), glycerol, macrogol 6000.
- For a 306 mg coated tablet.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.