speciafoldine 5 mg tablet,Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and hematology
active principles: Folic acid
- 1 Important to know about Speciafoldine ?
- 2 Speciafoldine indication and Uses
- 3 Speciafoldine Dosage
- 4 How it works Speciafoldine
- 5 Speciafoldine Side Effects
- 6 Speciafoldine Interactions
- 7 Speciafoldine Warnings and Precautions
- 8 Drive and use machines
- 9 Speciafoldine and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 10 What happens if I overdose from Speciafoldine ?
- 11 What is Forms and Composition Speciafoldine?
Important to know about Speciafoldine ?
- Treatment of disorders due to a proven lack of folic acid (anemia, poor absorption, insufficient intake, pregnancy …).
Speciafoldine indication and Uses
- Macrocytic anemia due to folic acid deficiency.
- Chronic disorders of intestinal absorption irrespective of their origin.
- Inadequate intake: malnutrition, alcoholism.
- Pregnancy, in case of proven deficiency. In women who have previously had children with neural tube closure (spina bifida) abnormalities, some authors have found that periconceptional folic supplementation of 5 mg per day in the preceding month and 3 months after conception decreased the recurrence of malformation risk for subsequent pregnancies.
- Nevertheless, antenatal diagnosis in search of this type of malformation remains essential.
- On average, 1 to 3 tablets a day.
- IN ALL CASES COMPLY STRICTLY WITH THE MEDICAL PRESCRIPTION.
- Oral way.
Duration of the treatment
- STRICTLY COMPLY WITH THE ORDER OF YOUR DOCTOR.
How it works Speciafoldine
- Pharmacotherapeutic group: Anti-anemic preparation, ATC code: B03BB01
- Folic acid is a group B vitamin. The active metabolites serve as coenzymes for many enzymatic reactions involved in the synthesis of purines, the metabolism of amino acids.
Speciafoldine Side Effects
- · Very rare cases of allergic skin reactions.
- · Possibility of gastrointestinal disorders.
- · Anaphylactic reactions such as: urticaria, angioedema have been reported in very rare cases.
Associations subject to precautions for use
- Phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone: decreased plasma concentrations of enzyme-inducing anticonvulsants by increasing their hepatic metabolism, of which folates represent one of the co-factors.
- Clinical monitoring, possibly plasma levels and adjustment, if appropriate, of the dosage of the antiepileptic during folic supplementation and after discontinuation.
Speciafoldine Warnings and Precautions
- Not applicable.
Drive and use machines
- Not applicable.
Speciafoldine and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- Not applicable.
What happens if I overdose from Speciafoldine ?
What is Forms and Composition Speciafoldine?
|FORMS and PRESENTATIONS|
Tablet (yellow): Box of 20, under pads.
|Folic acid (INN)||5 mg|
Excipients: pregelatinized maize starch, magnesium stearate, calcium hydrogenphosphate, anhydrous colloidal silica, microcrystalline cellulose.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.