mucomyst 200 mg Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
Active ingredients: Acamprosate
what is mucomyst ?
This medication is indicated in cases of recent respiratory illness with difficulty in expectoration (difficulty in rejecting by spitting out bronchial secretions).
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 7 years old.
For children of different ages, there are other presentations: ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR MUCOMYST 200 MG
4 presentations are available for this drug:
- 12 sachet (s) aluminum polyethylene paper of 2 g
- 15 sachet (s) of 3.5 g polyethylene aluminum foil
- 18 sachet (s) aluminum polyethylene paper of 3.5 g
- 30 sachet (s) aluminum polyethylene paper of 2 g
what is mucomyst used for and indication?
Treatment of disorders of bronchial secretion, in particular during acute bronchial affections: acute bronchitis and acute episode of chronic bronchopneumopathies.
- Adults and children over 7 years old : 600 mg per day, divided into 3 doses of 200 mg, i.e. 1 effervescent tablet 3 times a day.
- Children from 2 to 7 years old : 400 mg per day, divided into 2 doses of 200 mg, i.e. 1 effervescent tablet twice a day.
- This 200 mg dosage form is not suitable for delivering the adequate dosage for an age of less than 2 years.
Method of administration :
- Dissolve the effervescent tablet in half a glass of water.
Never take MUCOMYST 200 mg powder for oral solution in sachet:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance (acetylcysteine) or to any of the other ingredients in MUCOMYST 200mg, powder for oral solution in sachet.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO ASK FOR THE OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
HOW TO TAKE mucomyst ?
Instructions for proper use
- Not applicable.
HOW TO STORE mucomyst ?
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use MUCOMYST 200 mg / 5 ml, powder for oral suspension after the expiry date stated on the outer packaging.
- No special storage conditions.
If necessary, warnings against certain visible signs of deterioration
Medicines should not be thrown away with wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist what to do with any unused medicine. These measures will help protect the environment.
mucomyst Side Effects
- Possibility of digestive intolerance phenomena (gastralgia, nausea, diarrhea, stomatitis). It is advisable to reduce the dose.
- Possibility of bronchospasm.
- Possibility of hypersensitivity reactions with possibility of anaphylactic shock, angioedema, skin rashes.
- Anaphylactoid reactions have been reported with injectable forms of acetylcysteine.
- There have been reports of rhinorrhea, drowsiness, wetness and chest tightness.
mucomyst Interactions with other drugs
Taking or using other medicines:
- This medicine contains acetylcysteine. Other medicines contain it. Do not combine them, so as not to exceed the maximum recommended doses.
- Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicine, even one obtained without a prescription.
Interactions with food and drink
- Not applicable.
Interactions with phytotherapy products or alternative therapies
- Not applicable.
Drive and use machines
Warnings and Precautions
- MUCOMYST 200mg, powder for oral solution in sachet is to be used with caution in subjects with a history of asthma or bronchospasm. After administration of the product, it is advisable to evacuate the secretions well in order to avoid increasing the bronchial congestion.
- The use of this medication is not recommended in patients with fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase / isomaltase deficiency (rare hereditary diseases).
Precautions for use
A MEDICAL ADVICE IS NECESSARY:
- in case of fatty and purulent sputum, fever,
- if you have a chronic (long-term) disease of the bronchi or lungs,
- in case of stomach ulcer or duodenum.
This medication must always be accompanied by voluntary efforts of coughing, allowing expectoration.
Do not take antitussive medication (intended to calm the cough) or medication to dry up bronchial secretions during the period of treatment with acetylcysteine.
This medicine contains sodium. This medicinal product contains 55 mg of sodium per sachet. To be taken into account in patients controlling their dietary salt intake.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK FOR THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
- Studies in animals have not produced any evidence of teratogenic effects. In the absence of available clinical data, as a precaution, the administration of this product should be avoided during pregnancy.
Feeding with milk
- It is possible to breast-feed while taking this medicine.
What happens if I overdose from mucomyst ?
If you take more MUCOMYST 200 mg / 5 ml, powder for oral suspension than you should:
Stop treatment and see your doctor promptly.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose you forgot to take.
What is Forms and Composition ?
|SHAPES and PRESENTATIONS|
- Powder for oral solution 200 mg: Sachets, box of 18.
- Excipients: glycine, dried sodium citrate, mandarin pulvessence, orange flavoring (contains in particular sucrose), sodium saccharin, beta-carotene 1% CWS (contains in particular sucrose), sucrose.
- Excipients with known effect: sucrose (1.29 g / sachet) and sodium (55 mg / sachet).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.