Exomuc Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
what is Exomuc?
This medication is a fluidifying bronchial secretions, it thus facilitates their evacuation by coughing.
This medication is recommended in states of congestion of the bronchi, in particular during acute episodes of bronchitis.
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR EXOMUC 200 MG
4 presentations are available for this drug:
- 18 sachet (s) of 3 g polyethylene aluminum foil
- 20 sachet (s) of 3 g polyethylene aluminum foil
- 24 sachet (s) of 3 g polyethylene aluminum foil
- 30 sachet (s) of 3 g polyethylene aluminum foil
what is Exomuc medication used for and indication?
Treatment of disorders of bronchial secretion, in particular during acute bronchial affections: acute bronchitis and acute episode of chronic bronchopneumopathies.
- Adults and children over 7 years : 600 mg per day, in 3 divided doses, i.e. 1 sachet 3 times per day.
- Children from 2 to 7 years old : 400 mg per day, in 2 doses, or 1 sachet twice a day.
- The duration of treatment will not exceed 8 to 10 days without medical advice.
- Dissolve the granules in half a glass of water.
History of hypersensitivity to any of the constituents.
Infant (less than 2 years) (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
Due to the presence of aspartame, this medication is contraindicated in cases of phenylketonuria.
HOW TO TAKE Exomuc?
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if in doubt.
The recommended dose is:
- Adults and children over 7 years old : one sachet 3 times a day.
- Children from 2 to 7 years old : one sachet twice a day.
Method and route of administration
- Dissolve the contents of the sachet in half a glass of water.
Duration of treatment
The duration of treatment will not exceed 8 to 10 days without medical advice.
If you take more EXOMUC 200 mg, granules for oral solution in sachet than you should:
- Consult your doctor or your pharmacist.
If you forget to take EXOMUC 200 mg, granules for oral solution in sachet:
- Not applicable.
If you stop taking EXOMUC 200 mg, granules for oral solution in sachet:
- Not applicable.
If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
HOW TO STORE Exomuc?
- Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the package after the abbreviation “EXP” used for the expiry date. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not throw away any medicines via a wastewater treatment plant or with household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away the medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Exomuc Side Effects
Like all medicines, EXOMUC 200 mg granules for oral solution in sachet can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Risk of worsening of bronchial congestion, especially in infants and in certain patients unable to sputum effectively.
- Allergic skin reactions such as itching, rash, hives and swelling of the face.
- Possibility of digestive disorders: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain. It is advisable in this case to reduce the dosage.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, or if any side effects get serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
If you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Drive and use machines
Warnings and Precautions
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING
- It is advisable not to take antitussive medication or medication to dry up bronchial secretions during the period of treatment with this medication.
- Treatment should not be continued if symptoms worsen. In this case, consult your doctor for a re-evaluation of your treatment.
- If your doctor has informed you of an intolerance to certain sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- The use of this medication is not recommended in patients with fructose intolerance (a rare hereditary disease).
- IN CASE OF DOUBT, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST FOR THE ADVICE.
Precautions for use
- This medication should be used with caution in case of stomach or duodenal ulcer.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK FOR THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
What happens if I overdose from Exomuc ?
Consult your doctor or your pharmacist.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
What is Forms and Composition ?
- N-Acetylcysteine: 200 mg
- For a bag.
- Orange flavor S 289, aspartame, beta-carotene (E 160), sorbitol.
- Composition of orange flavor S 289: natural flavor obtained by dispersion over dextrose of a concentrated base.
COMPONENTS WITH KNOWN EFFECT OF EXOMUC 200 MG
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.