Paroex 0.12% Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
what is Paroex ?
This medication is usually prescribed for:
- Oral infection
- Postoperative care in stomatology
what is Paroex medication used for and indication?
It is indicated for the local adjunctive treatment of infections of the mouth, or in care after surgery of the oral cavity.
Presentation (s) available for Paroex 0.12%
5 presentations are available for this drug:
- 1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) with 5000 ml dosing pump
- 1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) of 50 ml
- 1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) of 100 ml
- 1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) of 300 ml with polypropylene measuring cup
- 1 polyterephthalate (PET) bottle (s) of 500 ml
|Pharmaceutical class||stomatological preparations|
|Active substance (s)||per 100 ml of mouthwash solution: chlorhexidine digluconate solution (0.6360 g)|
|Pharmaceutical form||mouthwash solution|
|Route (s) of administration||oral route other|
|Social security reimbursement rate||15%|
|Laboratory (s)||CENTER SPECIALTIES PHARMACEUTI|
|Conditions of issue||restricted prescription drug|
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 6 YEARS OLD
- For each mouthwash, use the contents of half a scoop (12 ml); if this presentation does not contain a cup, use a tablespoon, i.e. approximately 15 ml.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly for about a minute with the pure solution.
How often and when the drug should be administered
The number of mouthwashes is 1 to 3 per day.
Never use PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, mouthwash solution in the following cases:
- allergy to chlorhexidine or to any part of the solution.
IN CASE OF DOUBT, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO ASK FOR THE OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST
How To Take Paroex ?
Method and route of administration
- Use locally in mouthwashes.
- DO NOT SWALLOW.
- This solution should be used pure, undiluted.
- Mouthwashes should be done AFTER brushing and rinsing.
Duration of treatment
- Do not continue treatment for more than 5 days without medical advice.
how does Paroex work?
Pharmacotherapeutic group: STOMATOLOGY / LOCAL ANTISEPTIC TREATMENT
(A: digestive system and metabolism)
How To Store Paroex ?
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, solution for mouthwash after the expiry date stated on the outer packaging.
- After opening the bottle, this medication can be stored for a maximum of 30 days (90 days for the 5000 ml format with pump).
If necessary, warnings against certain visible signs of deterioration
- Medicines should not be thrown away with wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist what to do with any unused medicine. These measures will help protect the environment.
Paroex Side Effects
Like all medicines, PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, mouthwash solution can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Brown discoloration of the tongue and teeth, particularly in tea and coffee users, disappearing when treatment is stopped.
- Possibility of allergic reactions: irritations, skin reactions, swelling of the salivary glands, swelling of the neck or face. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop treatment and see a doctor.
- Possibility of taste alteration or burning sensation of the tongue at the start of treatment.
- Occasionally, peeling of the oral mucosa.
If you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, or if any side effects get serious, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Use of other drugs
- Do not use several medicines containing an antiseptic at the same time or in close proximity.
- IN ORDER TO AVOID POSSIBLE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN SEVERAL MEDICINES, ANY OTHER TREATMENT IN PROGRESS MUST BE SENIORIZED TO YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
Effects on ability to Drive and use machines
Effects on the ability to drive and use machines are not expected.
Warnings and Precautions
Take special care with PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, mouthwash solution:
- DO NOT LEAVE THIS MEDICINE WITHIN THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Prolonged use of this medication is undesirable because it can alter the natural microbial balance in the mouth and throat.
If signs of infection worsen or if there is no improvement after 5 days:
CONSULT YOUR DENTAL SURGEON OR STOMATOLOGIST
Precautions for use
- Do not put the product in contact with the eyes.
- Do not introduce the product into the nose or ears.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- DO NOT SWALLOW.
- IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK FOR THE OPINION OF YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR PHARMACIST.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
Pregnancy and breast feeding
- This drug should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
- In general, you should seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medication.
- Not applicable.
What happens if I overdose from Paroex ?
After oral ingestion of chlorhexidine, the following effects have been reported: atrophic gastritis, esophageal and hepatic lesions in case of very high doses.
In addition, this proprietary product contains terpene derivatives, as excipients, which can lower the epileptogenic threshold and cause, at excessive doses, neurological accidents in children (such as convulsions) and in elderly subjects (such as agitation and confusion). Respect the recommended dosages and duration of treatment (see section Posology and method of administration).
What should I do if I miss a dose?
Instructions for missing one or more doses
- Not applicable.
What happens if you stop taking Paroex ?
Risk of withdrawal syndrome
- Not applicable.
What is Forms and Composition ?
Appearance and shape
500 ml in bottle (Polyethylene terephthalate) with VISTOP stopper (Polypropylene) and cap (PE)) with measuring cup (Polypropylene)
- PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, solution for mouthwash, 100 ml vial
- PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, mouthwash solution, 5000 ml vial
- PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, solution for mouthwash, 50 ml vial
- PAROEX 0.12 PERCENT, solution for mouthwash, 300 ml bottle
|from 100 ml||300 ml||500 ml|
|Chlorhexidine (DCI) digluconate||120 mg||360 mg||600 mg|
|(as a 20% solution (w / v): 0.636 g / 100 ml)|
Excipients: glycerol, acesulfame potassium, polyoxyethylenated castor oil, propylene glycol, azorubine, Optamint 757515 flavor (menthol, anethol, eucalyptol, essential oil of mint, menthone, menthyl acetate, racemic menthol, propylene glycol, triacetin, essential oil of star anise , essential oil of geranium, vanillin, maltol, essential oil of mandarin, ethanol), purified water.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.