Drug withdrawn from the market on 24/11/2006
what is Gelumaline medication used for and indication?
Symptomatic treatment of painful and febrile ailments :
- rheumatic pain,
- dental pain,
- painful periods.
- 1 to 2 capsules 1 to 3 times a day depending on the intensity and duration of the pain.
- Do not exceed 6 capsules per day.
- The catches should be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamol.
- Hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Respiratory failure whatever the degree, due to the depressant effect of codeine on the respiratory centers.
- Glaucoma by closing the angle.
- Prostatic adenoma with urinary retention.
- Child under 15 years old.
- Breast-feeding: codeine passes into breast milk; a few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been described in infants after ingestion by mothers of codeine at supratherapeutic doses. Therefore, taking this drug is contraindicated during breast-feeding.
Contraindicated associations: morphine agonists-antagonists (buprenorphine, nalbuphine).
- ADVISED AGAINST: Combinations
- not recommended : enoxacin, alcohol.
Gelumaline Side Effects
- Rare allergic skin reactions requiring discontinuation of treatment (paracetamol, codeine).
- A few rare cases of thrombocytopenia have been cited in the international literature (paracetamol).
- Possibility of constipation, somnolence, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, respiratory depression (codeine: these adverse effects are comparable to those of other opiates but rarer and more moderate at therapeutic doses).
- In high doses, adverse effects of atropine type, dry mouth, accommodation disorders, tachycardia, dysuria (belladonna powder).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.