Generic drug of the Therapeutic class: Metabolism and nutrition active ingredients: Glucuronamide , Ascorbic acid…
The text below is about the active substance Caffeine .
what is caffeine?
alkaloid derived mainly from coffee and tea, used in particular as a stimulant and in the treatment of migraines. In high doses, it is toxic to the heart .
caffeine mechanism of action
CENTRAL RESPIRATORY STIMULANT / PSYCHOSTIMULANT. ATC CODE: R07AB. Caffeine: methylxanthine, stimulant of the central nervous system and respiratory centers.
- Caffeine is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor.
- This enzyme is responsible for the inactivation of cyclic 3 ‘, 5’ adenosine monophosphate (cAMP).
- The increase in the level of intracellular cAMP plays the role of mediator responsible for the main pharmacological actions of caffeine.
- Caffeine therefore stimulates the entire central nervous system and in particular the respiratory centers.
- It can cause vasoconstriction of the cerebral vessels.
- It has effects on the cardiovascular, respiratory and gastrointestinal systems.
- In addition, it acts at the level of skeletal muscles, renal blood flow,
what is caffeine used for or indications?
- Symptomatic treatment of localized subcutaneous fat overloads.
What medicines contain caffeine?
All medicines below contain the active ingredient caffeine
Generic PROPOFAN drug of the Therapeutic class: Analgesics active ingredients: Dextropropoxyphene , Paracetamol , …
lamaline drug Therapeutic class: Analgesics active ingredients: Paracetamol , Opium , Caffeine LAMALINE is an…