pharmatex mini ovum Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
what is pharmatex mini ovum used for and indication?
This method considerably decreases the risk of pregnancy without completely eliminating it.
Effectiveness depends on compliance with the mode of use.
This method of contraception is intended for all women of childbearing age and more particularly:
- when there is a temporary or definitive contraindication to oral contraception or the IUD,
- after childbirth, while breastfeeding or during pre-menopause,
- when episodic contraception is desired,
- during oral contraception, in case of forgetting or delay in taking a tablet: in this case, combine the two methods of contraception during the rest of the cycle.
In addition to local contraception by IUD (especially when taking certain drugs regularly, such as anti-inflammatory drugs).
PRESENTATION (S) AVAILABLE FOR MINI OVULE PHARMATEX
3 presentations are available for this drug:
- PVC polyethylene blister pack (s) of 5 ovule (s)
- PVC polyethylene blister pack (s) of 10 ovule (s)
- PVC polyethylene blister pack (s) of 20 ovule (s)
|Pharmaceutical class||not communicated|
|Active substance (s)||for an ovum: benzalkonium (chloride), solution (37.8 mg)|
|Route (s) of administration||vaginal|
|Selling price||unregulated price|
|Social security reimbursement rate||0%|
|Laboratory (s)||Laboratory (s) manufacturer Pharmatex mini ovum|
|Conditions of issue||available without prescription|
pharmatex mini ovum Dosage
- Always use a mini egg before each intercourse, regardless of the time of your menstrual cycle, including during periods.
- In case of repeated intercourse, use a new mini-egg before each new intercourse.
pharmatex mini ovum Contraindications
How To Take pharmatex mini ovum ?
This medication is used vaginally. You must not swallow it.
It is necessary to respect the following conditions of use because the effectiveness depends on the respect of the mode of use:
- Systematically introduce a mini egg at the bottom of the vagina 5 minutes before each intercourse, regardless of the period of your menstrual cycle, including during periods.
- Introduce the mini ovum preferably in the lying position, which facilitates its placement at the bottom of the vagina.
- Wait for the complete fusion of the mini ovum so that the active substance is completely released (5 minutes).
- Place another mini egg before each intercourse in case of repeated intercourse.
- Contraceptive protection is provided for 4 hours.
- Immediately before or after intercourse, only an external toilet, with pure water is possible for both partners. Do not wash your private parts with soap.
how does pharmatex mini ovum work?
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Contraceptive for local use (G: genitourinary system).
- Benzalkonium chloride is both a spermicide and an antiseptic.
- The active substance causes the membrane of the sperm to rupture. The destruction of the spermatozoon occurs in two stages: first destruction of the flagellum, then bursting of the head.
- The effectiveness of the method varies according to the rigor of the observation of the recommendations and the precision of the dialogue preceding the prescription. There is no modification of the saprophytic flora: the Döderlein bacillus is respected.
- Not being hormonal in nature, Pharmatex does not influence the menstrual cycle, libido, fertility.
- According to experimental data, benzalkonium chloride also has antiseptic activity:
- in vitro : the product is active on a number of infectious agents responsible for sexually transmitted diseases, in particular: Neisseria gonorrhoeae , Chlamydia spp, Herpes simplex type 2, HIV, Trichomonas vaginalis, Staphylococcus aureus . On the other hand, the activity is zero on Mycoplasma spp and weak on Gardnerella vaginalis, Candida albicans, Haemophilus ducreyi and Treponema pallidum ;
- in vivo , there is evidence of a possible activity in the prevention of certain sexually transmitted diseases without any proof of this preventive action.
How To Store pharmatex mini ovum ?
Keep this medication out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiration date refers to the last day of that month.
- Store at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
pharmatex mini ovum Side Effects
Like all medicines, PHARMATEX can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them:
Rare side effects (affects 1 to 10 in 10,000 people):
- Burning sensation or local irritation
Side effects of not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
- Allergy to any of the constituents
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effects that are not mentioned in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the national reporting system: National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (Ansm) and network of Regional Pharmacovigilance Centers – Website:. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep this medication out of the reach and sight of children.
pharmatex mini ovum Interactions
- Medicines used by the vaginal route: any local vaginal treatment may inactivate a local spermicidal contraception.
- Soaps: this spermicide is destroyed by soaps; refrain from washing with soap, because soaps, even in traces, destroy the active principle.
Effects on ability to Drive and use machines
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
Warnings and Precautions
Take special care with PHARMATEX MINI OVULE, ovule:
- Soapy water destroys the active principle of this local contraceptive. Therefore, you should not clean your genitals with soap before or after intercourse. Only an external toilet, with pure water is possible for both partners.
- If a genital injury occurs or worsens, stop treatment and consult your doctor.
- If vaginal treatment or the use of any other vaginal product is necessary, wait until the end of treatment to (re) start contraception with PHARMATEX.
Warning: This method of contraception does not protect against sexually transmitted infections or AIDS. To date, only the condom provides real protection.
Why is it important that you follow the instructions precisely?
The effectiveness of this local method of contraception is lower than that of other methods of contraception such as:
- the contraceptive pill,
- the IUD,
- the diaphragm,
Therefore, it is very important that your doctor or pharmacist explain precisely the instructions for use.
If you have not understood how this medicine should be used, do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist or doctor again.
To obtain the most effective contraception possible, it is important to follow the instructions for use.
Always use a mini egg before each intercourse , and at any time of your menstrual cycle, including during periods.
PREGNANCY & BREAST-FEEDING & FERTILITY
- Clinically, epidemiological studies have not revealed any malformative effect linked to the accidental use of this spermicide at the start of pregnancy.
Feeding with milk
- Possibility of passage of very small quantities in breast milk, without known harmful consequences. Breastfeeding is possible.
What happens if I overdose from pharmatex mini ovum ?
What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you forget to use PHARMATEX 18.9 mg, mini-ovule:
There is a risk of pregnancy. In this case, emergency contraception can be used, it should be taken as soon as possible (see also section 6. Basic information on the menstrual cycle and contraception).
What happens if you stop taking pharmatex mini ovum ?
If you have further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
What is Forms and Composition ?
SHAPES and PRESENTATIONS
- Vaginal cream: Tube of 72 g, with or without applicator.
- Ovule: Boxes of 10 and 20, in heat-sealed films.
- Mini-ovule: Boxes of 10 and 20, in blisters.
- Soft vaginal capsule: Box of 6, in a blister pack.
- Vaginal tablet: Tube of 12 .
|Benzalkonium chloride (DCI)||18.9 mg|
|(as 50% w / v aqueous solution: 37.8 mg).|
- Excipients: lactose monohydrate, solid semi-synthetic glycerides (Witepsol S51).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.