Alodont Mouthwash Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions
- 1 [highlight]Important to know about Alodont Mouthwash ?[/highlight]
- 2 [highlight]Alodont Mouthwash indication and Uses[/highlight]
- 3 [highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Dosage[/highlight]
- 4 [highlight]How it works Alodont Mouthwash[/highlight]
- 5 [highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Side Effects[/highlight]
- 6 [highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Interactions[/highlight]
- 7 [highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Warnings and Precautions[/highlight]
- 8 [highlight]Drive and use machines[/highlight]
- 9 [highlight]Alodont and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY[/highlight]
- 10 [highlight]What happens if I overdose from Alodont ?[/highlight]
- 11 [highlight]What is Forms and Composition Alodont Mouthwash?[/highlight]
[highlight]Important to know about Alodont Mouthwash ?[/highlight]
This medicine is a mouthwash.
It is recommended in local adjunctive treatment of infections of the mouth or in care after surgery of the oral cavity.
[highlight]Alodont Mouthwash indication and Uses[/highlight]
Adjunctive local treatment of infections of the oral cavity and postoperative care in stomatology.
[highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Dosage[/highlight]
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 7 YEARS
Local use in mouthwashes.
Do not swallow.
In adults: 3 mouthwashes a day with pure product, keep the product one minute in the mouth.
In children 7 to 12 years: 3 mouthwashes a day with 50% diluted product with water.
[highlight]How it works Alodont Mouthwash[/highlight]
STOMATOLOGY / LOCAL TREATMENT WITH ANTISEPTIC VIEW
( A: digestive tract and metabolism )
This medicine contains terpene derivatives that can lower the epileptogenic threshold.
[highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Side Effects[/highlight]
Due to the presence of terpene derivatives and in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses:
- · Risk of seizures in children,
- · Possibility of agitation and confusion in the elderly.
Very rare: ≤ 0.01%
Gastrointestinal disorders: Irritation of the mouth
Immune system disorders: Systemic allergic reaction
[highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Interactions[/highlight]
The simultaneous or successive use of other antiseptics is to be avoided given the possible interference (antagonism, inactivation …).
[highlight]Alodont Mouthwash Warnings and Precautions[/highlight]
The indication does not justify prolonged treatment especially as it could expose to an imbalance of the normal microbial flora of the oral cavity with a risk of bacterial or fungal diffusion.
This proprietary medicinal product contains terpene derivatives that may cause excessive convulsive neurological events in infants and children. Respect the recommended dosages and duration of treatment.
This medicine contains castor oil and may cause skin reactions (eg eczema).
Precautions for use
If symptoms persist for more than 5 days and / or associated fever, the action to be taken should be re-evaluated.
In case of a history of epilepsy, take into account the presence of terpene derivatives.
[highlight]Drive and use machines[/highlight]
[highlight]Alodont and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY[/highlight]
In case of breastfeeding, it is best not to use this medicine because:
- · The absence of kinetic data on the passage of terpene derivatives in milk,
- · And their potential neurological toxicity in infants.
[highlight]What happens if I overdose from Alodont ?[/highlight]
Overdose is not expected under normal conditions of use. Some components of this medicine (essential oils) can cause excessive doses, neurological accidents to convulsions in children.
In case of old or recent epilepsy, seek the advice of your doctor.
[highlight]What is Forms and Composition Alodont Mouthwash?[/highlight]
Cetylpyridinium chloride: 5.0000 mg
Chlorobutanol hemihydrate: 50,0000 mg
Eugenol: 4.0000 mg
For 100 g of solution.
Alcoholic title: 21% v / v.
Alcohol, hydrogenated and polyoxyethylenated castor oil 25, sodium hydroxide, citric acid monohydrate, peppermint essential oil, sodium saccharin, patent blue V (E131), purified water.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.