HELICIDINE Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions & Warnings
- 1 what is helicidine?
- 2 what is helicidine used for and indication ?
- 3 HELICIDINE Dosage
- 4 Contraindications
- 5 How it works?
- 6 HELICIDINE Side Effects
- 7 HELICIDINE Interactions
- 8 HELICIDINE Warnings and Precautions
- 9 Drive and use machines
- 10 HELICIDINE and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 11 What happens if I overdose from HELICIDINE ?
- 12 What is Forms and Composition?
what is helicidine?
This medicine is recommended to calm dry coughs and irritation coughs.
what is helicidine used for and indication ?
Symptomatic treatment of uncompromising coughs.
Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to coughing times.
Adults: 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
Children: 2 ml / kg / day divided into 3 doses:
- Children from 25 to 50 kg (about 8 to 15 years old): 3 to 5 tablespoons a day
- Children from 15 to 25 kg (about 4 to 8 years old): 1 tablespoon 3 times a day
- Children from 12 to 15 kg (about 30 months to 4 years): 2 teaspoons 3 times a day
- History of hypersensitivity to any of the constituents (especially to methyl and propyl sodium parahydroxybenzoate and other salts of parahydroxybenzoates).
How it works?
HELICIDINE Side Effects
Like all medicines, HELICIDINE 10 PERCENT SUGAR, syrup sweetened with sodium saccharin and liquid maltitol is likely to have side effects, although everyone is not subject:
- Risk of aggravation of bronchial congestion, especially in infants and in certain patients unable to expectorate effectively.
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
The data available to date do not suggest the existence of clinically significant interactions.
HELICIDINE Warnings and Precautions
- In the case of oily and purulent sputum, in case of fever or in case of chronic bronchial and lung disease, the therapeutic behavior should be reassessed.
- The productive coughs, which represent a fundamental element of bronchopulmonary defense, must be respected.
- The association of bronchial mucomodifiers with antitussives and / or substances that depress secretions (atropinic) is irrational.
- Helicidin can cause bronchial overload in infants. Indeed, its capacity for drainage of bronchial mucus is limited, because of the physiological peculiarities of its respiratory tree. It should not be used in infants.
- Treatment should be reassessed in case of persistence or worsening of symptoms or pathology.
Precautions for use
- This medicine contains hydrogenated glucose syrup (or liquid maltitol). Its use is not recommended for patients with fructose intolerance.
- This medicine contains methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218); it can cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
Drive and use machines
No effect on the ability to drive or use machines has been observed.
HELICIDINE and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
What happens if I overdose from HELICIDINE ?
No specific signs were observed when describing overdose cases.
If you think you have taken or have given your child more than 10% SUGAR-FREE HELICIDINE, sweetened saccharin sodium syrup and liquid maltitol, and if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please contact your doctor immediately.
What is Forms and Composition?
|p 100 ml|
- Excipients: xanthan gum, sodium saccharin, liquid maltitol, raspberry flavor, purified water. Preservatives: methyl parahydroxybenzoate, potassium sorbate.
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.