- 1 Important to know about Daflon ?
- 2 What is Daflon used to treat and indication ?
- 3 daflon dosage
- 4 daflon 500 mg how it works?
- 5 What are the side effects of taking Daflon?
- 6 daflon tablet drug interactions
- 7 DAFLON Warnings and Precautions
- 8 Drive and use machines
- 9 DAFLON and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 10 What happens if I overdose from DAFLON ?
- 11 What is Forms and Composition DAFLON?
Important to know about Daflon ?
This drug is a veinotonic (it increases the tone of the veins), and a vasoprotector (it increases the resistance of small blood vessels).
It is recommended in the treatment of disorders of the venous circulation (heavy legs, pain, impatience of the primo-decubitus) and in the treatment of the functional signs related to the hemorrhoidal crisis.
What is Daflon used to treat and indication ?
Treatment of symptoms related to venolymphatic insufficiency (heavy legs, pain, impatience of the primo-decubitus).
Treatment of functional signs related to the hemorrhoidal crisis.
- Usual dosage: 2 tablets per day, ie 1 tablet at noon and 1 tablet in the evening, at the time of meals.
daflon 500 mg dosage for hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoidal crisis: 6 tablets daily for the first 4 days, then 4 tablets daily for 3 days.
daflon 500 mg how it works?
In humans, following oral administration of the drug with carbon-14 diosmin:
- · Excretion is predominantly fecal and urinary excretion averages 14 percent of the administered amount,
- · The elimination half-life is 11 hours;
- · The product is highly metabolized, this metabolism is objectified by the presence of different phenolic acids in the urine.
What are the side effects of taking Daflon?
The following side effects have been reported and are classified according to their frequency.
Very common (≥1 / 10) frequent (≥1 / 100, <1/10); uncommon (≥1 / 1000, <1/100); rare (≥1 / 10000, <1/1000); very rare (<1/10000), unknown (can not be estimated from the available data).
Nervous system disorders
- Rare: dizziness, headache, malaise.
- Common: diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting.
- Uncommon: colitis.
- Unknown frequency: abdominal pain
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
- Rare: rash, pruritus, urticaria
- Frequency unknown: isolated edema of the face, eyelids, lips. Exceptionally, angioedema.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any side effects that are not mentioned in this leaflet.
daflon tablet drug interactions
No interaction studies have been performed.
No clinically relevant drug interactions have been reported to date since the product was marketed.
DAFLON Warnings and Precautions
The administration of this product does not exempt the specific treatment of other anal diseases. The treatment should be a short term one. If symptoms do not break down quickly, a proctological examination should be performed and treatment should be reviewed.
Drive and use machines
No specific study of the effects of the flavonoid fraction on the ability to drive and use machines has been performed.
However, given the overall safety profile of the flavonoid fraction, DAFLON does not modify, or negligibly, the ability to drive or use machines.
DAFLON and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
daflon in pregnancy
Experimental studies in animals have not shown any teratogenic effect. Moreover, in the human species, no adverse effects have been reported to date.
daflon in feeding
In the absence of data on passage into breast milk, breastfeeding is not recommended during the course of treatment.
What happens if I overdose from DAFLON ?
If you take more DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablets than you should:
- Overdose may aggravate the side effects.
- If you take more DAFLON 500 mg film-coated tablets than you should, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
What is Forms and Composition DAFLON?
|Purified micronized flavonoid fraction||500 mg|
|(ie in 90% diosmin: 450 mg / cp and in flavonoid expressed in hesperidin 10%: 50 mg / cp)|
|Average humidity: 20 mg / cp.|
- Excipients: sodium carboxymethyl starch, microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc. Film coating: glycerol, hypromellose, macrogol 6000, sodium lauryl sulphate, magnesium stearate, yellow iron oxide (E 172), red iron oxide (E 172), titanium dioxide (E 171).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.