- 1 Important to know about Endotelon ?
- 2 Endotelon indication and Uses :
- 3 Endotelon Dosage :
- 4 How it works Endotelon :
- 5 Endotelon Side Effects
- 6 Endotelon Interactions
- 7 Endotelon Warnings and Precautions
- 8 Drive and use machines
- 9 Endotelon and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 10 What should I do if I miss a dose?
- 11 What happens if I overdose from Endotelon ?
- 12 What is Forms and Composition Endotelon?
Important to know about Endotelon ?
- This drug is a veinotonic (it increases the tone of the venous walls) and a vasoprotector (it increases the resistance of small blood vessels).
- This treatment is recommended in disorders of the venous circulation (heavy legs, pain, painful sensations called “impatience” at bedtime).
- It is also recommended in the treatment of lymphatic edema of the arm (infiltration of lymph into the arm support tissue) after radiosurgical treatment of a breast tumor, in addition to physical treatments such as elastic restraints.
Endotelon indication and Uses :
- Treatment of functional manifestations of veno-lymphatic insufficiency (heavy legs, pain, impatience of the primo-decubitus).
- Treatment of upper limb lymphoedema after radiosurgical treatment of breast cancer:
- in addition to physical methods and especially adapted elastic restraint;
- used alone, in patients who can not benefit from the physical treatment that is the primary treatment of lymphedema.
Endotelon Dosage :
- · Treatment of functional manifestations of veno-lymphatic insufficiency: 2 tablets daily, in two doses morning and evening, discontinuous administration (20 days per month).
- · Lymphedema: 2 tablets daily, in two doses morning and evening, in continuous administration.
- · Take tablets away from meals.
How it works Endotelon :
VASCULOPROTECTEUR / MEDICAMENT ACTING ON CAPILLARIES
( C05CX : cardiovascular system )
It increases the resistance of the vessels, decreases their permeability.
Studies carried out ” in vitro ” have shown that procyanidolic oligomers preserve fibrous proteins, in particular collagen and elastin, against enzymatic degradation, and exert a protective effect vis-à-vis the thermal denaturation of collagen.
The action of ENDOTHELON 150 mg, on the vascular walls, demonstrated in animals and confirmed in humans, results in:
- Increased peripheral and conjunctival capillary resistance (Lavollay capillarodynamometer, Parrot angiosterometer) demonstrated in subjects with vascular fragility;
- The decrease in capillary permeability demonstrated by various tests (histamine test, Landis test and isotopic Landis test).
Endotelon Side Effects
· Allergic manifestations
Rarely have been reported skin effects such as: urticaria, rash with or without pruritus, photosensitivity, eczema. These effects disappear after the end of treatment.
o Very rare cases of Quincke’s edema.
· Rare gastrointestinal effects: gastralgia, nausea, diarrhea.
· Exceptionally headache.
Endotelon Warnings and Precautions
- If local symptoms persist or new symptoms appear, which may be related to an underlying vascular pathology (bruising, purpura, etc.), the treatment protocol should be re-evaluated.
- This medicine contains sucrose. Its use is contraindicated in patients with fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
Drive and use machines
Endotelon and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
Studies in animals have not shown any teratogenic effect. In the absence of teratogenic effect in animals, a malformative effect in the human species is not expected. Indeed, to date, the substances responsible for malformations in humans have been teratogenic in animals in well-conducted studies on two species.Clinically, no particular malformative or fetotoxic effect has emerged to date. However, the monitoring of pregnancies exposed to procyanidolic oligomers is insufficient to exclude any risk.
Therefore, the use of this medicine should be considered during pregnancy only if necessary
In the absence of data on passage into breast milk, treatment is not recommended during the breastfeeding period.
What should I do if I miss a dose?
In case of forgetfulness, take your tablet as soon as possible and continue your normal treatment.
Never take a double dose.
What happens if I overdose from Endotelon ?
What is Forms and Composition Endotelon?
|FORMS and PRESENTATIONS|
Enteric coated tablet (yellow): Box of 60, in blister packs.
|Grape seed, purified extract quantified in procyanidolic oligomers||150mg|
Excipients: Core: microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous colloidal silica, magnesium stearate. Coating: copolymer of methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate (1: 1), sodium hydroxide, triethyl citrate, sucrose, gelatin, gum arabic, titanium dioxide (E 171), talc, yellow iron oxide ( E 172), carnauba wax (powder).
Edrug-online contains comprehensive and detailed information about drugs available in the medical field, and is divided into four sections:
- Includes a general description of the drug, its use, brand names, FAQs, and relevant news and articles
- General explanation about dealing with the medicine: how to take the medicine, the doses and times of it, the start and duration of its effectiveness, the recommended diet during the period of taking the medicine, the method of storage and storage, recommendations in cases for forgetting the dose and instructions to stop taking the drug and take additional doses.
- For pregnant and breastfeeding women, the elderly, boys and drivers, and use before surgery.
- It treats possible side effects and drug interactions that require attention and its effect on continuous use.
- The information contained in this medicine is based on medical literature, but it is not a substitute for consulting a doctor.