Pivalone nasal spray Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Precautions
This drug is indicated in inflammatory and allergic manifestations of the rhino-pharynx: allergic rhinitis, seasonal rhinitis, acute and chronic congestive rhinitis, vaso-motor rhinitis
- 1 pivalone indication and Uses
- 2 pivalone Dosage
- 3 How it works pivalone
- 4 pivalone Side Effects
- 5 pivalone Interactions
- 6 pivalone Warnings and Precautions
- 7 Drive and use machines
- 8 pivalone and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
- 9 What happens if I overdose from pivalone ?
- 10 What is Forms and Composition pivalone?
pivalone indication and Uses
1 to 2 sprays in each nostril 2 to 4 times daily. Shake before each use.
How it works pivalone
- Local corticosteroid: anti-allergic (Allergology Medicines), anti-inflammatory.
- Tixocortol pivalate is a corticosteroid with no systemic effects. It has the local efficacy of the reference corticosteroids, but it is devoid of remote action from the application site.
- Administration in humans, 130 times the daily therapeutic dose, does not cause any systemic glucocorticoid effect.
- The form PIVALONE Nasal Suspension respects the nasal drainage by the ciliary beat of the pituitary mucosa.
pivalone Side Effects
Like all medicines, PIVALONE 1 PERCENT, nasal suspension is likely to have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Local intolerance reactions (tingling, etc.) may occur at the beginning of treatment.
- Rare local reactions, either type of dryness of the nasal mucosa or allergic type, local cutaneous manifestations, edema (infiltration of liquid into the superficial tissues of the face and / or mucous membranes and exceptionally laryngeal) have been reported. They give in when the treatment is stopped.
- Very rarely: possibility of glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye), cataracts (opacification of the lens of the eye).
- If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
The data available to date do not suggest the existence of clinically significant interactions.
pivalone Warnings and Precautions
Systemic effects may occur during long-term treatment with high doses of nasal corticosteroids.
The risk of systemic repercussions is nevertheless lower than with oral corticosteroids and may vary according to the individual susceptibility and the composition of the corticosteroid medicinal product used. Possible systemic effects are Cushing’s syndrome or cushingoid symptoms, skin thinning, subcutaneous hematomas, adrenal insufficiency, growth retardation in children and adolescents, decreased bone density, cataract and glaucoma, and more rarely, psychological and behavioral disorders including psychomotor hyperactivity, sleep disorders, anxiety, depression or aggression (especially in children).
Precautions for use
- To be used after blowing or careful cleaning of the nose.
- In the event of a general manifestation of bacterial involvement, antibiotic therapy should be considered.
Drive and use machines
pivalone and PREGNANCY / BREAST FEEDING / FERTILITY
Given the available data, use in pregnant or breastfeeding women is possible.
What happens if I overdose from pivalone ?
Immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
In any case, comply with your doctor’s prescription. Do not increase or decrease the dose without the advice of your doctor or pharmacist.
What is Forms and Composition pivalone?
|p 100 g|
|Tixocortol (DCI) pivalate||1 g|
- Excipients: N-cetylpyridinium chloride, benzyl alcohol, sodium chloride, monosodium phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydroxide solution, purified water.